“Offroad Arena” is a racing car game, as you could correctly guess from its name. Naturally, you will be playing the most fun role, the driver of the racing cars. The type of car is offroad type, so you can imagine big trucks, with high power engines and big tires. The circuits in which the races take place are full of curves and hills so it keeps very interesting all the time.
The game is all about load music, high speed and action, and that’s the feeling you get the moment you first enter the game. There are two basic modes for playing this game: Arcade Mode and Championship Mode. In Arcade Mode you just play single races and there are eight circuits among from which you can choose the one you want to play. The thing is that only the first circuit is unlocked when you start playing. You have to win a race in a circuit to get access to the next one. In Championship Mode you race a whole series of races in different circuits and at the end of the cup the player with more points is the winner. There are three different championships from which you can choose the one you want to play in.
At the beginning of the game you can choose the car you want to use from nine different cool models, all varying in some characteristics such as: weight, power, suspension, and else. You can choose between controlling your vehicle with your PC’s keyboard or with a joystick.
The game provides very realistic 3D animations and the great advantage of allowing multiplayer games. You can either play with several friends in the same computer (this option divides the screen into several sections – not very comfortable) or you can play the game using a TCP/IP based network.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Game: the game offers two modes to play, Arcade and Championship.
- Multiplayer: from here you can configure the game to be played by multiple players.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like sound volume, music volume, environment volume, and full screen.
- Replays: it allows to see replays of your own races.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
- Operating system: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
- DirectX version 6.1
- Processor speed 200 Mhz
- RAM 32Mb
- Hard drive space 135Mb
- Graphics: 4Mb (no 3D required)
- It offers very realistic racing experience
- Use on network is allowed
- It’s a very entertaining game, yet easy to play
- It’s available only in English
- It offers a very limited amount of cars